Transformational Scholarships are aimed at offering a Shebbear College education to talented students from all sectors of the community. These awards are aimed at students looking to join our Senior School or Sixth Form in September. They offer significant reductions on school fees and can occasionally account for up to 100% of the fees.
These awards are talent based, and applicants must be able to demonstrate exceptional ability and flair in one or more areas of school life to be eligible.
We hope that Transformational Scholarships will provide opportunities to students who had previously ruled out the school because of financial circumstances.
Transformational Scholarships are made up of two factors:
- A scholarship awarded by the Head - which recognises outstanding ability in academics, sport, music, art or the performing arts.
- A means-tested Bursary, based on family income.
Who can apply?
Any student interested in joining Form 1 (Year 7) - Lower Sixth can apply for a Transformational Scholarship if they qualify for means-tested support.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent ability and achievements in one or more areas of school life (including Academics, Sport, Music, Drama or Art).
All Scholars at Shebbear College should act as positive role models, showing an exemplary level of behaviour and commitment to their school work. They must be enthusiastic about their field of expertise and willing to contribute fully to the school community.
Scholarship Application Deadline - Friday 15th December 2023
11+ and 13+ Scholarship Interviews and Auditions - Tuesday 23rd - Friday 26th January 2024
Sixth Form Scholarship Interviews and Auditions - Monday 29th January - Friday 2nd February 2024
How to apply
- Please fill out the Scholarship form below and email supporting documents
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a means-tested bursary application form
- Candidates that are eligible (both in terms of achievements and household income) will then be invited to attend a Scholarship interview, assessment or audition at Shebbear College.
- 11+ applicants will be invited to attend the Entrance Day on 22nd January 2024
- 13+ and Sixth Form applicants will be required to take an Admissions Assessment as part of the Scholarship process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview and/or audition at Shebbear College to discuss their interests.
- Academic Scholarships are based on the results of our 11+ Entrance Assessment and an interview.
- Art Scholars are asked to submit a portfolio and sketchbooks prior to their interview.
- Music and Drama Scholars will be invited to perform a rehearsed piece at their audition.
- Sports Scholars will be invited to a practical sports assessment with our Head of Sport.
We also offer smaller means-tested bursaries, calculated by our Finance Office.