At Shebbear College we offer a range of Scholarships to talented pupils interested in joining our Form 1 (Year 7), Form 3 (Year 9) or Lower Sixth, awarded for outstanding academic ability or a talent and passion for Art, Music, Sport or Drama & the Performing Arts.
Scholarships consist of a Talent Development Allowance (a sum of money to be put towards opportunities that will enhance the Scholar’s individual area of excellence) and access to our Scholars’ Masterclasses. When awarded in conjunction with means tested bursaries, they can also offer a reduction on school fees.
We also offer Transformational Scholarships, aimed at offering a Shebbear College education to talented students from all sectors of the community. These awards, based on talent and household income, can offer significant reductions on school fees, occasionally accounting for up to 100% of the fees.
Who can apply?
Scholarships are open to applicants from within or outside of Shebbear College joining Form 1 (Year 7), Form 3 (Year 9) or Lower Sixth either as day or boarding pupils. Scholarships are awarded on merit and potential. They remain with pupils throughout their time at Shebbear College (including Sixth Form) as long as the expectations of a scholar are fulfilled.
All Scholars at Shebbear College should act as positive role models, showing an exemplary level of behaviour and commitment to their school work. They must be enthusiastic about their field of expertise and willing to contribute fully to the school community.
Scholarships are awarded annually in January, when we hold auditions and interviews.
Scholarship Application Deadline - Friday 15th December 2023
11+ Entrance Day - Monday 22nd January 2024
11+ and 13+ Scholarship Interviews and Auditions - Tuesday 23rd - Friday 26th January 2024
Sixth Form Scholarship Interviews and Auditions - Monday 29th January - Friday 2nd February 2024
How to apply
- Please fill out the Scholarship application form below.
- 11+ applicants will be invited to attend the Entrance Day on 22nd January 2024
- 13+ and Sixth Form applicants will be required to take an Admissions Assessment as part of the Scholarship process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview and/or audition at Shebbear College to discuss their interests.
- Academic Scholarships are based on the results of our 11+ Entrance Assessment and an interview.
- Art Scholars are asked to submit a portfolio and sketchbooks prior to their interview.
- Music and Drama Scholars will be invited to perform a rehearsed piece at their audition.
- Sports Scholars will be invited to a practical sports assessment with our Head of Sport.
If you would like to apply for more than one Scholarship, please fill out a separate form for each application (reload your page to refresh the form).
Pupils who are awarded scholarships will be placed on our Scholars’ Programme, where they will have access to a range of curriculum enrichment and extension opportunities throughout the year, including sessions with external speakers, workshops with professionals in their field and enrichment trips and visits as well as leadership opportunities.