Bursaries and Fees Assistance
As well as Scholarships, we are able to offer fees assistance through means-tested Bursaries, based on parental income. These can help if your family is not in a position to cover the full fees. They can be awarded in conjunction with a Scholarship and form part of our Transformational Scholarships application process.
Applicants will be asked to submit evidence of income and other financial information and this will be reviewed annually. There is a finite amount of capital in the bursary scheme, therefore the number of bursaries is limited.
For families within the Methodist Church, bursaries are also available via our umbrella body, the Methodist Independent Schools Trust (MIST). MIST administers a Methodist Bursary Fund which enables children from Methodist families to attend the Senior School as day pupils or boarders.
We offer a generous Sibling Discount Scheme for pupils joining in the Prep or Senior School:
- 2 siblings concurrently at the school – 5% remission for the youngest child.
- 3 siblings concurrently at the school – 20% remission for the youngest child.
- 4 siblings concurrently at the school – 30% remission for the youngest child.
In addition to bursaries and scholarships, we also offer a number of allowances to help with school fees:
BRITISH POLICE AND ARMED FORCES
- Children of families in the British armed forces receive a 10% remission of the school fees
- Children of families in the British police force receive a 10% remission of the school fees.
CHILDREN OF FAMILIES LIVING IN SHEBBEAR
- Children of families living in the parish of Shebbear receive a 10% remission of the school fees.
CHILDREN OF OLD SHEBBEARIANS
- Children of Old Shebbearians can receive a grant of £150 per term (£450 per year) in remission of fees.
There are also various Trusts that can be approached to assist with school fees in certain circumstances.*Please note that we must see evidence in order to award these allowances.