Shebbear College maintains policies based on the principle of promoting the wellbeing of our pupils and of safeguarding them. We are also sensitive to the needs of other cultures, religions and practices. We believe in tolerance and understanding of all people and our policies are designed to support this.
All of our policies are consistent with the legal requirements for all schools and in keeping with our Christian beliefs.
All policies are available as hard copies on request from Reception.
Shebbear College is fully committed to safeguarding all of our pupils. In any matters relating to safeguarding, the school will cooperate fully with other agencies and in line with legislation.
Details of our procedures are included in the Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy. Please note that this most recent version of the policy is currently in draft format as it awaits ratification from our Governors, but as a school we are currently working to this version.
If you are concerned about the safety or welfare of any of our pupils, please speak with Mrs Lovett, the Senior Designated Member of Staff for Safeguarding.
- Admissions Policy | PDF
- Anti-bullying Policy | PDF
- Attendance and Registration Policy | PDF
- Behaviour Management Policy| PDF
- Child on Child Abuse Policy | PDF
- Complaints Policy | PDF
- Curriculum Policy | PDF
- E-Safety Policy | PDF
- Equality Diversity Inclusion Policy | PDF
- EYFS Supervision Policy | PDF
- EYFS Intimate Care Procedure Policy | PDF
- EYFS Missing Child Policy | PDF
- EYFS Use of Smartphones and Cameras Policy | PDF
- First Aid and Healthcare Policy | PDF
- Missing Pupil Policy | PDF
- PHSE Policy | PDF
- Recruitment Selection and Disclosures Policy and Procedure | PDF
- Relationships Education, Relationships & Sex Education Policy | PDF
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy | PDF
- SEND Policy | PDF
- Staff Disciplinary Policy | PDF
- Staff Wellbeing Policy | PDF
- Supervision of Pupils Policy| PDF
- Whistleblowing Policy | PDF
Statement of Boarding Principles and Practice
Child Friendly Policies
- Teen friendly Child-on-Child Abuse Policy
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy - A Summary for Students