Boarding at Shebbear
Boarding at Shebbear builds confidence, friendships and develops independence – as well as being a lot of fun! We offer full, weekly and flexi boarding to girls and boys from the ages of 8 - 18 and welcome pupils from across the UK and all over the world.
We have two co-educational boarding houses - Ruddle, which houses our full boarders from Form 1 (Year 7) through to Upper 6 and some of our weekly boarders, and Pollard, which houses our older weekly boarders.
Each house has recently been refurbished, offering a modern, yet homely, place for our boarders to live and both houses have the same warm, friendly atmosphere. Pupils feel happy, safe and secure and there is always someone to turn to for help, advice or just a chat.
The boarding facilities include:
- Modern, well equipped Common Rooms with TV, Multisport Table, comfortable sofas, breakfast bars, dining table, LED lighting
- Modern kitchens
- Modern bedrooms with comfy beds, soft carpets, wardrobe, shoe rack, and multiple plug and charging ports
- Bespoke single rooms for older students with all of the above as well as sofa bed and LED lighting
- Accessible rooms
- Fitness Suite
- Snug for cosy movie nights
- Modern bathrooms with individual shower cubicles, sinks and heated towel rails
- Separate toilet cubicles
- 'Quiet' room
- Music room
Firm friendships are made for life as pupils share the highs and lows of their lives together.
Our boarding staff are very much part of the family, and our pupils form close bonds with them. They provide an additional role model for boarders and help them to build confidence and independence away from home.
Read more about life as a boarder at Shebbear College.